About St. Patrick Elementary
St. Patrick Multi-Age Kindergarten
If you have a child who will be five years old on or before September 1, or December 31, for the two year kindergarten program, we invite you to send your student to St. Pat’s. The multi-age classrooms integrate the Young 5/DK students with the kindergarten students. Bringing these children together assists the development of all involved. It allows more customized instruction and increases student engagement, achievement and social development.
St. Patrick School no longer holds a typical kindergarten screening day, opting instead for ongoing screening which is done throughout the school year. Previous experience has shown that spring screening, which is simply a snapshot of one particular day, is not always the best way to determine a student’s readiness for the upcoming academic year. Now teachers spend time throughout the multi-age year evaluating benchmarks and establishing learning goals.
The Hot Lunch program is provided through Portland Food Service by Chartwells. Hot lunch will begin on the first full day of school. The cost for elementary students is $2.60 per day. Cold lunch students can purchase milk for $ .60.
Each student has their own computerized lunch account. Cash or checks may be applied at any time to this account. Please make checks out to Portland Food Service (PFS). Elementary please send money in a clearly marked envelope to your classroom teacher.
Bus transportation is provided by Portland Public Schools. If you have questions, please contact the bus garage at 647-2993. If your child needs a bus pass, please call the bus garage to make arrangements.
Weekly Mass Schedule
- All elementary students in grades 1 through 5 attend Mass at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- Kindergarten students attend mass once a month.
- If your student will be absent, please call the school office by 8:30 a.m.
- Students not riding the bus will be brought to either the gym steps or the Parish Hall for dismissal. Your location will be assigned at the beginning of the school year.
- At the conclusion of the school day, After School Supervision (formerly called latchkey) is available for students in grades K-8. There is a fee for this service.
- If you will be making alternate arrangements for student pick-up after school, please call the school office before 3:00 p.m.
Grading Scale K – 2
P (Proficient) 90-100
DV (Developing) 70-89
NY (Not Yet) 1-69
NE (Not Evaluated) –
Grading Scale Grades 3-5
F 59 and below
NC No Credit
School Day: 8:40 am – 3:45 pm
Lunch: 11:50 am – 12:35 pm
Mass Day: Thursdays – 9:30 am